Susan M. Boyer, Author (“I,” “me,” “us,” “we,” or “our”) operates the https://susanmboyer.com/ website (hereinafter referred to as the “Website”).
I also operate a newsletter, and various social media accounts, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. From time to time I offer giveaways on these platforms. Sometimes I use the Rafflecopter tool to run these giveaways.
This page informs you of my policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal data when you use my website, or sign up for my newsletter, and the choices you have associated with that data.
I use your data to provide and improve the Website, provide you with products you enjoy, host giveaways, and also to make decisions about upcoming book tours and special events. By using the Website, signing up for my newsletter, participating in a giveaway, or interacting with me on a social media platform, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy, and release and hold me harmless.
- Website: Website is the https://SusanMBoyer.com/ website operated by Susan M. Boyer, Author
- Newsletter: Susan M. Boyer’s newsletter, sent through the Emma newsletter provider platform.
- Personal Data: Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Usage Data: Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Website or from the Website infrastructure itself (for example, email subscription).
- Cookies: Cookies are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
- Data Processors (or Website Providers): Data Processor (or Website Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. I may use the Websites of various Website Providers in order to process your data more effectively, currently I use Emma to store and disseminate my newsletter and maintain my mailing list. I also currently use Rafflecopter to manage some but not all giveaways.
- Data Subject (or User): Data Subject is any living individual who is visiting my website and is the subject of Personal Data.
Types of Data Collected
While visiting my website, responding to my newsletters, or interacting with me on social media, I may ask you to provide me with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to your first name, last name, and email address. This information is only collected if you sign up for my newsletter or enter a giveaway.
After you’ve signed up for my newsletter, you will have the opportunity to share additional information including, but not limited to, your reading preferences, where you live, clubs and organizations you belong to, and your birthday. This is completely voluntary. You have to explicitly enter the information for me to have it. I never share your information with anyone else. If you unsubscribe from my newsletter, I delete all of your information in accordance with my newsletter service provider’s features.
I may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or the instructions provided in any email I send.
I may also collect information on how the Website is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. I may use Session Cookies to operate my Website.
- Preference Cookies. May use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. I use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
Susan M. Boyer, Author uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain my Website
- To notify you about changes to my Website
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Website
- To monitor the usage of our Website
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, Websites and events which I offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or inquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Susan M. Boyer, Author may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to communicate with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by your rights
- To comply with the law
Retention of Data
Susan M. Boyer, Author will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Website, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United States and process it there.
Disclosure of Data
Susan M. Boyer, Author may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Susan M. Boyer – Author
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Website
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Website or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Policy on “Do Not Track” Signals under the California Online Protection Act (CalOPPA)
You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
Your Data Protection Rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Susan M. Boyer, Author aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed about what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Susan M. Boyer, Author relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Website (“Website Providers”), provide the Website on our behalf, perform Website-related Websites or assist us in analyzing how our Website is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or Websites.
Our Website does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
- By email: email@example.com
- By visiting this page on our website: https://SusanMBoyer.com/